Samsung has launched a new American Express (AMEX) credit card that can be located using SmartThings currently available in South Korea only. The card is named the “Samsung Card American Express SmartThings Card” and it is the first credit card in the world to be integrated with SmartThings.
There is a built-in chip in the card. This chip can be tracked by SmartThings devices which are SmartThings Hub and the SmartThings Tracker.
The SmartThings Hub: It is the central hub of your SmartThings system which connects to all of your SmartThings devices and allows you to control them from the SmartThings app.
The SmartThings Tracker: It is a small device that can be attached to your things like keys, wallet, or purse. It uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your SmartThings Hub and allows you to track its location.
How to use SmartThings to locate your Samsung AMEX card?
- Set up your SmartThings Hub and your SmartThings Tracker then connect it to the SmartThings app.
- Open the SmartThings app then click on the “Find My Card” icon.
- Select your Samsung Card American Express SmartThings Card from the list of devices.
- The SmartThings app will show you the location of your card on a map.
- If your card is within range of your SmartThings Tracker then you can also play a sound to help you find it.
Samsung Amex credit card offers a variety of benefits
Cardholders can earn up to
- 5% cashback on Samsung products and services.
- 3% cashback on dining and entertainment.
- 1% cashback on all other purchases.
No annual fee
The card has no annual fee which makes it a good value for consumers who are looking for a rewards credit card without a high annual fee.
The card can be located using SmartThings devices such as the SmartThings Hub and the SmartThings Tracker which is a unique feature. This will help people to track the card’s location.
Along with these it also offers benefits like travel insurance, purchase protection, and 24/7 customer support.
Samsung Amex credit card is a good choice for users who are looking for a credit card that offers many benefits like cashback, SmartThings integration, and no annual fee.
However, the Samsung Amex card is currently only available in South Korea. It is still not clear whether Samsung plans to launch the card in other markets or not.
Must Read: Samsung’s rival HONOR is back with 200MP Camera HONOR 90 5G