It is disappointing to hear that some Pixel 6 owners are experiencing problems with Android 14. I hope that Google will be able to quickly identify and fix the issues.
According to a report by 9to5Google, some Pixel 6 owners have been reporting a variety of problems with Android 14, including:
Some consumers claim that after upgrading to Android 14, their Pixel 6 devices are draining batteries much faster than they were before. This could be because of a number of problems like bugs in the new operating system, increased resource usage by new features, or compatibility issues with apps.
Avoid battery drain by following these methods
- Restart your phone
- Update all of your apps
- Use Battery Saver mode
- Check your battery usage to see which apps are using the most battery. If you see any apps that you’re not using very often, you can try uninstalling them or disabling them
While some users are saying that their Pixel 6 devices are overheating more after installing Android 14. This could also be due to increased CPU usage by new features, or issues with the device’s cooling system.
Try the following methods to avoid overheating
- Avoid using your phone in direct sunlight or in hot environments
- Close any apps that you’re not using
- Reduce your screen brightness
- Use Airplane mode when you don’t need a cellular or Wi-Fi connection
In fact, some of the reports say that after installing Android 14 their apps are crashing more frequently. This could be due to compatibility issues with the new operating system or bugs in the apps themselves.
Follow these methods to avoid app crashes.
- Update all of your apps.
- Restart your phone.
- If you’re still having problems, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the affected app.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity issues
Some users are reporting that they are experiencing problems with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. This could be due to bugs in the new operating system or issues with the device’s hardware.
Try the following methods to avoid Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Restart your phone.
- Try forgetting and re-adding your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi networks.
- Reset your network settings.
Google is working on a fix. In a statement to 9to5Google, a Google spokesperson said:
“We are aware of some Pixel 6 users experiencing issues with Android 14. We are investigating these reports and working to resolve them as soon as possible. In the meantime, we encourage users to report any issues they are experiencing to the Google Issue Tracker.”
If you are experiencing problems with the Pixel 6 Android 14 update, you can report the issue to the Google Issue Tracker by following these steps:
- Go to the Google Issue Tracker website.
- Click the “Create new issue” button.
- Select “Android” from the “Product” drop-down menu.
- Select “Pixel 6” from the “Device” drop-down menu.
- Select “Android 14” from the “Version” drop-down menu.
- Give your issue a title and describe the problem you are experiencing in detail.
- Click the “Submit” button.
Let’s see how much time Google will take to resolve all these issues. Till then stay connected with oreonow.