YouTube Lowers Its Bars Opening Earning Potential For New Creators

YouTube has lowered the bars for joining the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) , finally opening enhanced opportunities for new creators. Now you can start earning starting with just 500 subscribers!

YouTubers earn handsomely. Average income of a youtuber in the US is around $65,999 a year. But there are thousands of YouTubers creating aspiring content everyday. Forbes list shows that famous YouTubers like MrBeast, who is actually just 23 years old, earns in millions. Doubt that? Let’s see, Youtube gives $18 for every 1,000 views and his videos cross millions of views so that really makes sense.

But the real question is how will new creators enter the market?

In order to solve this problem YouTube has applied a solution. They have lowered their bars for number of subscribers, watch time for views, etc. that are required to apply for the YPP. Let’s see what the new policy says. 

YPP New Policy 2023

On June 13, 2023, Youtube, one of the most popular video-sharing platforms, announced new eligibility requirements for the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). It has also introduced new monetization methods for creators with comparatively low watch views and subscribers. These money-making methods include shopping features, paid chats, channel membership, and tipping, just like the “buy me a coffee” option. 

The new requirements for YPP are:

  • Creator can have 500 subscribers instead of 1000 subscribers
  • 3 public uploads in the last 90 days
  • Either 3,000 watch hours in the past year instead of 4000 or 3 million Shorts views in the last 90 days

Also, there is a major change made to the reapplication policy. This change will make it easier for creators to get back into YPP if they make a mistake or experience a temporary setback.

What Are The Changes In YouTube’s Reapplication Policy?

In case of any mistake or a temporary glitch the creators had to wait for at least 60 days before applying to the YPP program again. 

But now the creators who were removed from the Youtube Paid Partnership program can reapply after 30 days instead of 60 days. This change will make it easier for creators to get back into YPP if they make a mistake or experience a temporary setback.

One reason for this can be that YouTube wants channels to reapply and have a chance to make changes to their content and resonate with the YPP’s monetization requirements. Second reason can be, YouTube wants to prioritize timely reviews of new applications and appeals.

What is YouTube’s Shorts Monetization Module introduced recently?

YouTube Shorts monetization module is a new strategy implemented by Youtube that allows creators to earn money from their Shorts videos.

If you want to be eligible for Shorts monetization, just make sure you meet the following requirements:

  • You must be a member of the YouTube Partner Program (YPP).
  • Accept the Shorts monetization module.
  • Your Shorts must meet YouTube’s community guidelines.

Once you have a check on these requirements, you will start earning money from ads that run on their Shorts videos. 

In this plan, Video Creators earn 45% of the ad revenue that their shorts generate. The remaining 55% of the ad revenue goes to YouTube.

How to accept the Shorts monetization module?

You can simply follow these steps given below to accept Shorts monetization on YouTube:

  1. Go to YouTube Studio.
  2. Click on the “Monetization” tab.
  3. Find the “Shorts” section.
  4. Check the box that says “I agree to the Shorts monetization module.”
  5. Start earning money from your Shorts videos.

-> YouTube Studio -> Monetization tab -> Shorts section -> Check “I agree” box -> Earn money from Shorts.

Which Countries Have These Policies?

As for now these policies are only in effect in the United States, The United Kingdom, Taiwan, Canada, and South Korea. Hopefully we’ll get them in other countries too, soon.

Stay Tuned for more trends. We’d love to have your opinion in the comments. 

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *